Getting your home ready for the home inspection is due diligence on the seller’s end. Some people think it’s a tough job, but it’s actually easy. Here at Home Inspection in Katy, we’ve listed 7-tips on preparing for the home inspection:
1. Clean The House – not necessarily deep cleaning, but a well-cleaned home leaves a good impression on whoever walks into your home. Clean up the exterior as well. Most homeowners overlook the thought that Home Inspection Katy. Home inspectors are people first and inspectors second. A clean home shows how much you take care of it. Get rid of the thought that the inspector will see past ‘stuff’ because most won’t.
2. Before The Scheduled Time Is ‘On-time’ – Be prepared for the inspector 15-30 minutes prior to the appointment time. Make sure that your house is ready for the inspector to begin the inspection.
3. Give Access To All Areas – a home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination, but it doesn’t mean our home inspectors are just looking around. The home inspector will operate the appliances, test the electrical system and plumbing looking for any issues, leaks, etc. Make sure everything is on and operational or the inspector might have to reschedule the inspection, delaying the inspection report, which could ultimately delay the sale.
4. Remove Any Clutter Or Blockages – The inspector will need at least three to four feet of working space to inspect items such as the furnace, air conditioner, electrical panel, and water heater. Make sure to remove boxes, bookcases, shelves, or furniture that might be blocking the space.
5. Provide Easy Access To Every Room – This includes the attic, basement, and crawlspace. Be sure the path is clear for the inspector to inspect these areas as well as any other room in the house. Secure valuables and possibly move items away from the walls at least two feet.
6. Leave Keys For Exterior Building Access – label the keys and put them on the kitchen table for the inspector.
7. Provide Documentation Of Repairs Or Renovations – Whether you installed a brand new AC system or had a plumbing system fixed, it is important that you provide documents for all the remodeling or repairs done to your home. This way, the buyer will feel more confident with your home, knowing that these items were inspected and that you are transparent.
A comprehensive Buyer’s inspection report can make or break the sale of your home. When considering putting your home on the market, it is a good idea to have your own Katy, TX home inspection conducted. As a seller, you want to present your home’s best side to buyers, so knowing any issues and fixing them before the first buyer arrives is a good thing.
At Home Inspection Katy, we are your Home Buying and Selling Advocate. Are you planning to sell your property in the Katy, TX area? We Can Help!
Give us a call today at (281) 504-9981 or Schedule Your Home Inspection Katy, TX Today!
One of the best neighborhoods in Texas, Katy City, and its surrounding areas have had incredible property sales in 2020, one-third of which are new construction homes.
With its diverse economy and thriving real estate industry, living in Katy, TX and its surrounding areas offers families and young professionals a safe and sound environment with a sparse suburban feel. And if you are looking to buy or sell your property, Paragon Inspection will be there to help you make your most informed decision.
Buying a home can be exciting, yet daunting. But no matter how desirable a home may appear to be, it just wouldn’t be completely reassuring without a home inspection. Our licensed professionals at Paragon Inspection will conduct a thorough home inspection service in all areas of your property to check for any issues, from the foundation to the roof.
Our positive reviews showcase our commitment to demonstrate outstanding service, making sure your home will be worth your investment.